Leviticus 20:1-6, 27
1. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
1. Loquutus est Jehova ad Mosen, dicendo:
2. Again, thou shalt say to the children of Israel, Whosoever he be of the children of Israel, or of the strangers that sojourn in Israel, that giveth any of his seed unto Molech, he shall surely be put to death: the people of the land shall stone him with stones.
2. Filiis Israel dices, Quicunque e filiis Israel, et e peregrinis qui peregrinantur in Israel, dederit e semine suo Moloch, moriendo morietur: populus terrae lapidibus lapidabit eum.
3. And I will set my face against that man, and will cut him off from among his people; because he hath given of his seed unto Molech, to defile my sanctuary, and to profane my holy name.
3. Ego etiam ponam faciem meam contra virum illum, et exterminabo eum e medio populi sui, eo quod de-derit e semine suo Moloch, ut contaminaret sanctuarium meum, et profanaret nomen sanctitatis meae.
4. And if the people of the land do any ways hide their eyes from the man, when he giveth of his seed unto Molech, and kill him not;
4. Quod si abscondendo absconderit populus terrae oculos suos a viro illo quando dabit ex semine suo Moloch, non interficiendo illum;
5. Then I will set my face against that man, and against his family, and will cut him off, and all that go a whoring after him, to commit whoredom with Molech, from among their people.
5. Tunc ponam ego faciem meam in virum illum, et in familiam ejus, et succidam eum et omnes qui scor-tantur post ipsum, ut scortentur post Moloch, e medio populi sui.
6. And the soul that turneth after such as have familiar spirits, and after wizards, to go a whoring after them, I will even set my face against that soul, and will cut him off from among his people.
6. Anima quae respexerit ad Pythones et ariolos, ad fornicandum post eos, ponam faciem meam contra animam illam, et exterminabo e medio populi sui.
27. A man also, or woman, that hath a familar spirit, or that is a wizard, shall surely be put to death: they shall stone them with stones; their blood shall be upon them.
27. Vir sive muleir in quibus fuerit Python, vel aruspicum spiritus, moriendo morietur: lapidando lapidabunt eos: sanguis eorum super eos.
Back to BibleStudyGuide.org.
These files are public domain. This electronic edition was downloaded from the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.