16. And in the fourteenth day of the first month is the passover of the Lord.
16. Mense autem primo decima quarta die mensis, Pesah est Jehovae.
17. And in the fifteenth day of this month is the feast: seven days shall unleavened bread be eaten.
17. Et in decimo quinto die mensis hujus solennitas: septem diebus panis infermentatorum comedetur.
18. In the first day shall be an holy convocation: ye shall do no manner of servile work therein.
18. Die primo convocatio sancta erit: omne servile non facietis.
19. But ye shall offer a sacrifice made by fire, for a burnt-offering unto the Lord; two young bullocks, and one ram, and seven lambs of the first year: they shall be unto you without blemish.
19. Offeretis autem oblationem ignitam, et holocaustum Jehovae juvencos fihos bovis duos, et arietem unum, et septem agnos anniculos: immaculati erunt vobis.
20. And their meat-offering shall be of flour mingled with oil: three tenth-deals shall ye offer for a bullock, and two tenth-deals for a ram;
20. Et minha eorum erit simila permixta oleo, tres decimae in singulos juvencos, et duas decimas in singulos arietes facietis.
21. A several tenth-deal shalt thou offer for every lamb, throughout the seven lambs:
21. Singulas decimas facies in agnos singulos in septem agnis.
22. And one goat for a sin-offering, to make an atonement for you.
22. Et hircum in sacrificium pro peccato unum, ad expiandum vos.
23. Ye shall offer these beside the burnt-offering in the morning, which is for a continual burnt-offering.
23. Praeter holocaustum matutinum: quod est holocaustum juge, facietis ista.
24. After this manner ye shall offer daily, throughout the seven days, the meat of the sacrifice made by fire, of a sweet savor unto the Lord: it shall be offered beside the continual burnt-offering, and his drink-offering.
24. Secundum haec facietis singulis diebus septem dierum, panem oblationis ignitae odoris quietis Jehovae: ultra holocaustum juge fiet, et libamen ejus.
25. And on the seventh day ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work.
25. Septimo autem die convocatio sancta erit vobis: omne opus servile non facietis.
26. Also in the day of the first-fruits, when ye bring a new meat-offering unto the Lord, after your weeks be out, ye shall have an holy convocation; ye shall do no servile work:
26. Porro die primitiarum quando offeretis minham novato Jehovae in hebdomadibus vestris, convocatio sancta erit vobis: omne opus servile non facietis.
27. But ye shall offer the burnt-offering for a sweet savor unto the Lord; two young bullocks, one ram, seven lambs of the first year;
27. Et offeretis holocaustum in odorem quietis Jehovah: juvencos filios bovis duos, arietem unum, et septem agnos anniculos.
28. And their meat-offering of flour mingled with oil, three tenth-deals unto one bullock, two tenth-deals unto one ram,
28. Et oblationem eorum similam permixtam oleo, tres decimas in singulos juvencos, duas decimas per arietes singulos.
29. A several tenth-deal unto one lamb, throughout the seven lambs;
29. Singulas decimas per agnos singulos, septem agnis.
30. And one kid of the goats, to make an atonement for you.
30. Hircum caprarum unum ad expiandum vos.
31. Ye shall offer them beside the burnt-offering, and his meat-offering, (they shall be unto you without blemish,) and their drink-offerings.
31. Praeter holocaustum juge et minham ejus facietis: immaculati erunt vobis et libamina eorum.
1 "Josephus and Maimonides understand that they were distinct sacrifices. Aben-Ezra and others thnk that it was left to the priest which he would offer." -- Brightwell on the Pentateuch, in loco.
2 The conjecture of C. receives no support from the modern collections of various readings; for though the number two is wanting in one of Kennicott's MSS., the word for bullocks is in the plural in that same MS.; and the two most ancient versions, viz., the LXX. and the Syriac agree with the received text both here and in Leviticus 23:8. -- W.
Back to BibleStudyGuide.org.
These files are public domain. This electronic edition was downloaded from the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.