Leviticus 7:19-25, 28-31, 37, 38
19. And the flesh that toucheth any unclean thing shall not be eaten; it shall be burnt with fire: and as for the flesh, all that be clean shall eat thereof.
19. Et caro quae contigerit ullum immundum, non comedetur, sed igni comburetur: at cames illas omnis mundus comedet.
20. But the soul that eateth of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace-offerings that pertain unto the Lord, having his uncleanness upon him, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.
20. Nam anima quae comederit carnes de sacrificio prosperitatum quod est Jehovae, et immunditia ejus fuerit super ipsum, tunc excidetur anima illa e populis suis.
21. Moreover, the soul that shall touch any unclean thing, as the uncleanness of man, or any unclean beast, or any abominable unclean thing, and eat of the flesh of the sacrifice of peace-offerings which pertain unto the Lord, even that soul shall be cut off from his people.
21. Anima item quum tetigerit quicquam immundum, nempe de immunditia hominis, aut animal immundum, aut onme reptile immundum, comederitque de carnibus sacrificii prosperitatum, quod est Jehovae, tunc excidetur anima illa e populis suis.
22. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
22. Loquutus est autem Jehova ad Mosen, dicendo:
23. Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, Ye shall eat no manner of fat, of ox, or of sheep, or of goat.
23. Alloquere fllios Israel dicendo: Omnem adipem boris, et agni, et caprae, non comedetis.
24. And the fat of the beast that dieth of itself, and the fat of that which is torn with beasts, may be used in any other use; but ye shall in no wise eat of it.
24. Adeps quidem cadaveris, et adeps rapti parabitur in omne opus, sed comedendo non comedetis illum.
25. For whosoever eateth the fat of the beast, of which men offer an offering made by fire unto the Lord, even the soul that eateth it shall be cut off from his people.
25. Nam quicunque comederit adipem animalis ex quo offeret oblationem ignitam Jehovae: tunc anima quae comederit excidetur e populis suis.
28. And the Lord spake unto Moses, saying,
28. Loquutus est insuper Jehova ad Mosen, dicendo:
29. Speak unto the children of Israel, saying, He that offereth the sacrifice of his peace-offerings unto the Lord, shall bring his oblation unto the Lord of the sacrifice of his peace-offerings.
29. Loquere ad rilles Israel, dicendo, Offerens sacrificium prosperitatum sunrum Jehovae, afferes oblationem suam Jehovae de hostia prosperitatum suarum.
30. His own hands shall bring the offerings of the Lord made by fire; the fat, with the breast, it shall he bring, that the breast may be waved for a wave-offering before the Lord.
30. Manus ejus afferent oblationes ignitas Jehovae, adipem cum pectusculo afferet, pectusculum quidem ad agitandum illud agitatione coram Jehova.
31. And the priest shall burn the fat upon the altar.
31. Adolebit vero sacerdos adipem super altare.
37. This is the law of the burnt-offering, of the meat-offering, and of the sin-offering, and of the trespass-offering, and of the consecrations, and of the sacrifice of the peace-offerings,
37. Haec est lex holocausti minhae, et sacrificii pro peccato, et sacrificii pro delicto, et consecrationum, et sacrificii prosperitatum:
38. Which the Lord commanded Moses in Mount Sinai, in the day that he commanded the children of Israel to offer their oblations unto the Lord, in the wilderness of Sinai.
38. Quam praecepit Jehova Mosi in monte Sinai, die quo praecepit filiis Israel ut offerrent oblationes suas Jehovae in deserto Sinai.
1 "La punition est raise bien grieve;" the punishment awarded is very heavy. -- Fr.
3 See Margin, A. V.
Back to BibleStudyGuide.org.
These files are public domain. This electronic edition was downloaded from the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.