Passages having reference to the Exposition of the Fourth Commandment
30. Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.
30. Sabbatha mea observabitis, et sanctuarium meum metuetis. Ego Jehova.
2. Ye shall keep my sabbaths, and reverence my sanctuary: I am the Lord.
2. Sabbatha mea custodite, et sanctuarium meum timete. Ego Jehova.
3. Six days shall work be done: but the seventh day is the sabbath of rest, an holy convocation; ye shall do no work therein: it is the sabbath of the Lord in all your dwellings.
3. Sex diebus facietis opus, septimo die cessatio est quietis, celebritas sancta: nullum opus facietis in eo: Sabbathum eat Jehovae in cunctis habitationibus vestris.
21. Six days thou shalt work; but on the seventh da thou shalt rest: in eating-time and in harvest thou shalt rest.
21. Sex diebus operaberis, septimo die quiesces in aratione et messe.
1. And Moses gathered all the congregation of the children of Israel together, and said unto them, These are the words which the Lord hath commanded, that ye should do them.
1. Congregavit Moses universum coetum filiorum Israel, et dixit illis, Haec sunt verba quae princepit Jehova ut faciatis.
2. Six days shall work be done; but on the seventh day there shall be to you an holy day, a sabbath of rest to the Lord: whosoever doeth work therein shall be put to death.
2. Sex diebus facies opus, die septimo erit vobis sanctitas, Sabbathum cessationis Jehovae: quisquis fecerit opus in eo, morietur.
3. Ye shall kindle no fire throughout your habitations upon the sabbath-day.
3. Ne accendatis ignem in omnibus habitaculis vestris die Sabbathi.
3. Keep my sabbaths: I am the Lord your God.
3. Sabbatha mea servate: ego Jehova Deus vester.
Leviticus 19:30; 26:2.
1 "Reverence my sanctuary." -- A.V. Ainsworth says, "In Targum Jonathan this law is explained thus, Ye shall go to the house of my sanctuary in fear;" and then quotes from Maimon. many Jewish rites observed in the temple.
Back to BibleStudyGuide.org.
These files are public domain. This electronic edition was downloaded from the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.