14. Three times thou shalt keep a feast unto me in the year.
14. Ter festum celebrabis mihi unoquoque anno.
15. Thou shalt keep the feast of unleavened bread: (thou shalt eat unleavened bread seven days, as I commanded thee, in the time appointed of the month Abib; for in it thou earnest out from Egypt; and none shall appear before me empty:)
15. Solennitatem azymorum custodies: septem diebus comedes infermentata, quemadmodum praecepi tibi tempore mensis Abib: quia in eo egressus es ex Aegypto: neque conspicientur coram me vacui.
16. And the feast of harvest, the first-fruits of thy labors, which thou hast sown in thy field: and the feast of ingathering, which is in the end of the year, when thou hast gathered in thy labors out of the field.
16. Et solennitatem mensis primitivorum operum tuorum quae seminaveris in agro, et solennitatem collectionis in exitu anni, quando eollegeris opera tua ex agro.
17. Three times in the year all thy males shall appear before the Lord God.
17. Tribus vicibus conspicietar omnis masculus tuus coram Domino Jehova.
22. And thou shalt observe the feast of weeks, of the firstfruits of wheat-harvest, and the feast of ingathering at the year's end.
22. Solennitatem hebdomadum facies tibi in primitiis messis triticeae, et festum collectionis in conversione anni.
23. Thrice in the year shall all your men-children appear before the Lord God, the God of Israel.
23. Tribus vicibus in anno conspicietur onmis masculus tuus coram domino Jehova Deo Israel.
24. For I will cast out the nations before thee, and enlarge thy borders; neither shall any man desire thy land, when thou shalt go up to appear before the Lord thy God thrice in the year.
24. Expellam enim gentes a faeie tua, et dilatabo terminum tuum, neque concupiscet quisquam terrain tuam dum ascendes ut conspiciaris coram Jehova tribus vicibus in anno.
20. None shall appear before me empty.
20. Non conspicientur coram me vacui.
1 Added from Fr.
For this critical sentence, the following is substituted in Fr., "Ainsi trois festes y eussent este comprises; pource qu'ils ne fussent point retournez jusques a ce qu'elles eussent este aceomplies;" thus, three festivals would have been comprised in it; because they would not have returned until they were all completed.
Back to BibleStudyGuide.org.
These files are public domain. This electronic edition was downloaded from the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.