Supplement to the Ninth Commandment
16. If a false witness rise up against any man, to testify against him that which is wrong;
16. Quum steterit testis mendax contra aliquem, ut testificetur contra eum verbum perversum:
17. Then both the men, between whom the controversy is, shall stand before the Lord, before the priests and the judges which shall be in those days:
17. Tunc stabunt duo illi homines quibus est lis, coram Jehova, id est coram sacerdotibus et judicibus qui fuerint in diebus illis.
18. And the judges shall make diligent inquisition: and, behold, if the witness be a false witness, and hath testified falsely against his brother;
18. Et inquirent judices diligenter, et si testis ille est testis mendax, mendacium testificatus est contra fratrem suum:
19. Then shall ye do unto him as he had thought to have done unto his brother: so shalt thou put the evil away from among you.
19. Facietis ei, quemadmodum cogitavit facere fratri suo, et auferes malum e medio tui.
20. And those which remain shall hear, and fear, and shall henceforth commit no more any such evil among you.
20. Et qui remanserint, audient ac timebunt, nec addent facere ultra malum simile huic in medio tui.
21. And thine eye shall not pity; but life shall go for life, eye for eye, tooth for tooth, hand for hand, foot for foot.
21. Neque parcet oculus tuus: animam pro anima, oculum pro oculo, dentem pro dente, manum pro manu, pedem pro pede.
Back to BibleStudyGuide.org.
These files are public domain. This electronic edition was downloaded from the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.