1. And the chief fathers of the families of the children of Gilead, the son of Machir, the son of Manasseh, of the families of the sons of Joseph, came near, and spake before Moses, and before the princes, the chief fathers of the children of Israel.
1. Accesserunt vero principes patrum e familia filiorum Gilad filii Machir, filii Manasse de familiis filiorum Joseph, et loquuti sunt coram Mose, et cotare prineipibus capitibus patrum filiorum Israel:
2. And they said, The Lord commanded my lord to give the land for an inheritance by lot to the children of Israel: and my lord was commanded by the Lord to give the inheritance of Zelophehad our brother unto his daughters.
2. Ac dixerunt, Domino meo praecepit Jehova ut daret terram in possessionem sorte filiis Israel, etiam domino meo praeceptum est a Jehova ut daret possessionem Salphaad fratris nostri filiabus ejus.
3. And if they be married to any of the sons of the other tribes of the children of Israel, then shall their inheritance be taken from the inheritance of our fathers, and shall be put to the inheritance of the tribe whereunto they are received: so shall it be taken from the lot of our inheritance.
3. Quae si alicui de filiis aliarum tribuum filiorum Israel dentur in uxores, minuetur haereditas earum ah haereditate patrum nostrorum, addeturque haereditati tribus quibus nupserunt, et de sorte haereditatis nostrae minuetur.
4. And when the jubilee of the children of Israel shall be, then shall their inheritance be put unto the inheritance of the tribe whereunto they are received; so shall their inheritance be taken away from the inheritance of the tribe of our fathers.
4. Quumque fuerit jubilams fillis Israel, addetur haereditas earum haereditati tribus quibus nupserint: atque de haereditate tribus patrum nostrorum detrahetur haereditas earum.
5. And Moses commanded the children of Israel according to the word of the Lord, saying, The tribe of the sons of Joseph hath said well.
5. Princepit itaque Moses filiis Israel juxta sermonem Jehovae, dicendo, Rectum tribus filiorum Joseph loquitur.
6. This is the thing which the Lord doth command concerning the daughters of Zelophehad, saying, Let them marry to whom they think best: only to the family of the tribe of their father shall they marry:
6. Hoc est quod praecepit Jehova de filiabus Salphaad, dicendo, Ut placebit illis, sint in uxores, veruntamen familiae tribus patris sui sint in uxores.
7. So shall not the inheritance of the children of Israel remove from tribe to tribe; for every one of the children of Israel shall keep himself to the inheritance of the tribe of his fathers.
7. Ne transferatur haereditas filiorum Israel de tribu ad tribum: nam filii Israel singuli adhaerebunt haereditatibus patrum suorum.
8. And every daughter that possesseth an inheritance in any tribe of the children of Israel, shall be wife unto one of the family of the tribe of her father, that the children of Israel may enjoy every man the inheritance of his fathers.
8. Et omnis filia quae possederit haereditatem de tribubus filiorum Israel, uni de familia tribus patris sui erit in uxorem, ut possideant filii Israel singuli haereditatem patrum suorum:
9. Neither shall the inheritance remove from one tribe to another tribe; but every one of the tribes of the children of Israel shall keep himself to his own inheritance.
9. Ne transferatur possessio de tribu ad tribum aliam: sed singuli ex tribubus filiorum Israel haereditati sum adhaarebunt.
10. Even as the Lord commanded Moses, so did the daughters of Zelophehad:
10. Quemadmodum praeceperat Jehova Mosi sic fecerunt filiea Salphaad.
11. For Mahlah, Tirzah, and Hoglah, and Milcah, and Noah, the daughters of Zelophehad, were married unto their father's brothers' sons.
11. Nam Mahalah, Thirsah, et Hoglah, et Milcah, et Noah, filiae Salphaad, filiis patruorum suorum fuerunt in uxores:
12. And they were married into the families of the sons of Manasseh the son of Joseph; and their inheritance remained in the tribe of the family of their father.
12. His qui erant de familia filiorum Manasse filii Joseph fuerunt in uxores, fuitque haereditas earum tribui familiaepatris earum.
13. These are the commandments and the judgments which the Lord commanded, by the hand of Moses, unto the children of Israel in the plains of Moab, by Jordan near Jericho.
13. Ista aunt praecepta et judicia quae princepit Jehova per manum Mosis filiis Israel in campestribus Moab juxta Jordanem Jericho.
1 Added from Fr.
2 "De his, quae frequenter fieri solent, non quae raro, leges fieri debent." 1. 3. et sequentibus ff. de legib.; 1. 3. Digest. si pars haeredit, petatur; 1.28 ff. de judiciis; 1. ea quae 64, de regul. juris.
Back to BibleStudyGuide.org.
These files are public domain. This electronic edition was downloaded from the Christian Classics Ethereal Library.