After God had spoken to Israel giving them the Ten Commandments,
He gave Moses several laws.
God gave Moses laws about idolatry, altars, Hebrew servants, violence,
animals, their property, justice, Sabbaths, feasts, and entering
into the promised land. God commanded them not to make idols or
Moses told Israel everything that God had commanded and the people
said that they would obey God. Then Moses wrote all of the laws
in a book called the Book of the Covenant.
Confirming God's covenant with Israel, Moses offered
sacrifices. He sprinkled some of the blood on the altar,
read the Book of the Covenant to the people, and sprinkled
some of the blood on the people.
Moses, Joshua, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and seventy elders went up
the mountain. They saw God under whom was a paved work of sapphire
stone. Then God lay His hand on them and they ate and drank.
Then God told Moses to go further up the mountain to receive the
tablets of stone upon which were written the Ten Commandments. So
Moses went up the mountain with Joshua for forty day and nights
while everyone else waited for them.
1. After God had spoken to Israel giving them the Ten Commandments,
what did He give Moses?
2. What were the laws about?
3. Could Israel make or worship idols?
4. Can we make or worship idols?
5. Did Israel say that they would obey God's laws?
6. Should we obey God's laws?
7. What was the name of the book that Moses wrote containing the
8. Did Moses confirm the covenant? What did he do?
9. What did Moses, Joshua, Aaron, Nadab, Abihu, and seventy elders
10. What happened while they were on the mountain?
11. After Moses went further up the mountain, what did God give
him? How long was he there?