Adam and Eve had a son. Eve called him Cain. She said: "I
have gotten a man from the Lord."
Adam and Eve had another son. They called his name Abel. Abel was
a shepherd and Cain was a farmer.
One day Cain and Abel offered sacrifices to God. God respected
Abel's sacrifice. But He did not respect Cain's sacrifice.
Cain became angry. God told him to do what was right so that he
would be accepted. If Cain did not do what was right then he would
sin. God told Cain to rule over sin.
Cain talked with Abel and they went out in the field. Cain killed
Later God asked Cain: "Where his Abel?" Cain said that
he was not his brother's keeper. But God knew that Cain had killed
God punished Cain. He could not be a good farmer anymore and he
would be a criminal forever.
God loved Cain. Cain was afraid that people would hurt him. So
God gave him a special mark so that no one would kill him.
1. What were the names of Adam and Eve's first two sons?
2. What did Cain and Abel do for a living?
3. Did God respect Abel's sacrifice? Did God respect Cain's sacrifice?
4. Why did Cain become angry?
5. What did Cain do to Abel?
6. Did God love Cain? Did God punish Cain for killing Abel?